Join us to organize the annual symposium for all postdocs at Northwestern!
You will form close ties to other postdocs.
- plan and lead organization of individual sessions
- work with others in the realization of sessions
- help in the overall administration
- learn about all of the above
Curious about contributing? Visit:
- Evanston campus: April 19th, 12.00 p.m., Cafe Coralie (Pancoe building)
- Chicago campus: April 16th, 5.00 p.m., The Graduate School, Abbott Hall
We hope that you will subsequently join us as a member. We welcome all backgrounds, and especially invite the humanities and other disciplines with few postdocs! Our goal is that every postdoc at Northwestern will enjoy the symposium.
This year's symposium will be held on August 22nd on our Chicago campus (and next year's symposium in Evanston).
9.15 Session on teaching
10.15 Interactive scientific session (e.g.: posters, ...)
12.00 Parallel lunch roundtable discussions on issues important to postdocs
(e.g.: navigating research enterprise, negotiation,
work/life balance, non-academic careers, ....)
1.45 Keynote: Career in governments (Lia Haynes)
2.45 Short scientific talks (e.g.: elevator pitches, ...)
3.45 Workshop of transitioning roles
(e.g.: postdoc to professor,
postdoc as mentor and mentee, ...)
5.00 Start of reception
5.15 Evening lecture
(e.g.: science comedy, arts and sciences, ...)
6.00 Networking with industry and faculty
For information on last year's symposium see: http://www.current-research-future-careers-2018.org