Expectations of Executive Committee Members:
Executive Committee Members are expected to manage and govern the business, affairs, property, and funds of NUPA. The Committee is composed of six core members (roles and responsibilities outlined below). Importantly, Executive Committee members are expected to attend monthly Executive Committee meetings (meeting location alternates between the Chicago & Evanston campuses).
Executive Committee Positions:
- Chicago and Evanston Co-Chairs: The Executive Committee Co-Chairs are responsible for the day-to-day operations of NUPA.
- Manage affairs of NUPA in accordance with strategic directions set by the Executive Committee
- Conduct monthly meetings of the Executive Committee
- Organize the production of an annual report to members and administration
- Liaise with the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs and NUPA Advisors
- Treasurer: The Treasurer is responsible for recording the income and disbursement of all funds and property at the disposal of NUPA.
- Handle all financial transactions of NUPA
- Submit a yearly budget to the Executive Committee
- Work with the NUPA Advisers and Co-Chairs to collect, keep record of, and arrange safe keeping for all funds collected by NUPA
- Report all income and expenses to the Executive Committee for monthly approval.
- Administrative Coordinator: The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for organization public relations and committee coordination between the Executive Committee and all NUPA operating committees.
- Schedule and arrange Executive Committee meetings
- Communicate NUPA decisions to operating committees
- Record minutes of NUPA meetings and distribute minutes to all NUPA members
- Manage and administer NUPA listserv and member communications
- Web Design Coordinator: The Web Design Coordinator is responsible for developing, maintaining, and the timely updating of NUPA's website.
- Develop/update the NUPA website
- Maintain website for regular traffic and report any irregularities or requirements to the Executive Committee.
- Update various events and information approved by the Executive Committee on the website
- Social Media Coordinator: The Social Medial Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the NUPA social media presence on webits including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Create and maintain NUPA pages/groups of appropriate social media sites
- Communicate NUPA events on social media sites
- Respond to visitor queries on social media profiles and coordinate with Executive Committee members to get appropriate answers to queries